A casino application can be a welcome addition to any online or even offline casino. The casino application process begins with design documentation and some critical decisions such as which operating system will be used. Following this will be an extensive period of product testing and marketing. There are approximately 800,000 applications on both the iOS and Android marketplaces, making it important for a developer to distinguish themselves within the market.
Why Do You Need a New Mobile Casino Application?
A new mobile casino app , as long as it's programmed correctly, can't hurt. There are many reasons why you might want a mobile application. You might be interested in gaining advertising for your physical casino or interested in integrating a free mobile app into your casino's website. You might even not be in the casino trade at all; if so, a casino app is a great way to get introduced to the industry and potential new users. Whatever the case, building a casino app is as simple as building any other type of game app: you simply need to take the process step by step.
How to start a Casino Application – Step by Step
The cost of a mobile application can vary. If you hire someone else to develop your casino application, you can expect to pay between 500€ to 2,000€ depending on how extensive you want your application to be. If you develop the application yourself, your costs will be limited to the publishing costs: [currency-99] a year for iOS and a one-time 25€ fee for Android. You may need to outsource certain items, such as art assets, which may cost between 200€ to 1,000€, again depending on how extensive they are. A fully featured free casino application for a new mobile casino could cost upwards of 5,000€.
The First 2 Steps Towards Creating a Casino Application
Step one requires that before you build a casino application you'll need to put together a design document highlighting which casino games you want to add. Many free casino apps have several of the more popular casino activities such as poker and blackjack, all linked through a central application. Slots are also very popular. A new mobile casino application is several games in one; you'll also need to determine whether you want to build your application from the ground up or potentially build it using open source game engines. There are benefits and drawbacks to each decision: building from the ground up gives more control, while using open source engines will drastically reduce your development time.
In Step two and following a design plan, you also need to decide whether you'll be launching on iOS, Android or both. If you want maximum exposure you'll release on both platforms, but you'll still need to decide which platform you'll release on first. iOS tends to be better for paid applications but they have very strict quality control. Android is better for free casino apps and is fairly lax in its quality control but you'll find it more difficult to get paying customers. Many developers begin with iOS and then later move to Android.
You can use a development platform that lets you port to both Android and iOS at the same time. Many of these platforms also let you develop for the web at the same time; you could tackle all three platforms at once. These game engines, which includes the Unity game engine and the Torque 2D engine, range in price from very expensive to very reasonable. You can make your decision depending on your budget.
Step 3: The Development Process of a New Mobile Application
The development process of your new mobile casino application will usually begin with a central hub through which users create accounts and load their accounts with virtual funds. Users can purchase in-game sets of chips and then use these chips to gamble. From there, you will need to develop your games one by one. You might start with a poker game then add slots and blackjack later; the important thing is that you have at least a few games when launching. Remember that you can develop the application further later and add more games.
For a mobile casino application, it's very important that you maintain the sanity of your data. This means checking and double checking to make sure that all of your transaction calculations are correct. You'll need to make sure that you track chips correctly, as the chips in this case will essentially be the funds that your players are working with.
Step 4: Testing and Modifying Your Casino Application
It's absolutely vital that you thoroughly test your casino application because users tend to be very determined to find vulnerabilities. Any small glitch, such as a glitch that doesn't take chips out of the user's account when it should, could potentially be used to profit. Remember that many users of this application will be extremely knowledgeable about systems and will notice any discrepancies very quickly.
You should go through a testing process with multiple users on multiple platforms, assuming that your game has been released on multiple platforms. You shouldn't release your application until it has been thoroughly tested and all the bugs have been removed.
Step 5: Releasing Your Mobile Application
Your mobile application can be released when you have tested it thoroughly and are absolutely certain that any bugs have been resolved. The process of releasing your application is as simple as uploading it to either the iOS or Android marketplace and waiting for it to be accepted. Releasing a mobile application is an ideal way to capitalize on users who cannot visit your physical location or to extend the functionality of an online site. You can gain an entirely new audience through a mobile casino application, but you need to make sure that you have thoroughly tested it first.
Steps for Mobile Casino Application Development
1. Decide on the platform that you want to focus on. iOS and Android both have their own benefits and drawbacks. To make this step easier, you can work in a system such as Unity which will export to both platforms.
iOS vs Android
• iOS users are more willing to pay for apps.
• iOS has an easier to use in-app purchase system.
• iOS apps have greater visibility; the market is smaller.
• iOS has less piracy due to more rigid controls.
• iOS is easier to program for.
Android Advantages / iOS Disadvantages
• Android has a much larger market base.
• Android is less expensive to publish on.
• Android has easier to meet standards.
• Android is on more types of devices.
• Android is easier to integrate into the web.
2. Create a mock-up of the application. This should include the flow of the program from the very beginning: the screen the user starts at, what they can select and where those selections go.
3. Write up thorough documentation regarding all of the features and games included in the application. This documentation is incredibly important. Take your time to ensure that all features you need are described completely.
4. Create art assets or have them created. The art assets should be based on both the mock-up of the application and the documentation. It's important to work with professional art and sound assets from the beginning.
5. Develop a framework for the casino application: build a central hub that connects the games and stores user accounts and build out the related games from there. Polish the game as you go.
6. Undergo rigorous testing with multiple users. Users should test out every aspect of the game and should write out detailed reports regarding any issues they find.
7. Repair any issues users have found. Repeat steps six through seven until issues are minimal or nonexistent.
8. Publish the game on your chosen platform. If publishing to iOS, you may need to undergo some revisions to meet quality standards.