American Roulette is one of the classic casino games everybody knows and loves. Both on- and offline, the big wheel with its stylish setup and easy game-play is amongst the all-time favorites of both pros and casual players. It is a game of chance, so there is no training needed to win at American Roulette, but it allows enough strategies to create a personal style that suits your budget and personality.
The Gist of American Roulette
The premise of roulette in general is very simple. You bet on a single number and/or a combination of numbers. That ball is tossed into the wheel and determines the winning number. If it lands on the number you guessed – or one among a group of numbers you chose – you have won and get paid according to a fixed payout table (see below). This very simple system is exciting and very entertaining because you don’t need to know a complex set of rules, yet have a lot of different ways to win.
American Roulette is a special version of the game that stems from the classic U.S.- riverboat casinos and Wild West saloon roulette wheels. It features, besides the classic green Zero (0) that lets the house win, another green pocket, the Double Zero (00) that serves the same function. Thus, the American Roulette wheel features 38 slots (the numbers 1–36, Zero, and Double Zero) and not, like its European counterpart, only 37 slots.
How to Play American Roulette
Now that you know what to expect, you need to learn how to play online American Roulette at Casino Tropez. Here are all features you see on the screen explained:
1. The Tableau: The green felt layout that shows all numbers and bets
2. The Wheel: Slot-filled zone where ball is spun to determine the winning number
3. Your Chips: Used to determine the size of your wager
4. Min/Max Bets: Shows the amount of minimum and maximum wagers possible at this table; hovering over it with your mouse will display the payout table. The payout table tells you how much return you get for a certain bet (e.g., a bet on one number (Straight) pays 35:1, a bet on all black numbers pays 1:1, etc.)
5. Play History: Displays all winning number in the session so far. This is important for tracking your game, as tracking the outcome of the session can tell you a lot about the game (e.g., if 5 or 6 red numbers landed in a row, you might want to guess that a black number is due).
6. Detail view: A bigger version of the wheel shows the winning number in detail. This way, you never miss the correct outcome of the game. Plus, you’ll see the numbers adjacent to the winning one, in case you track sectors or follow another strategy that is based on the position of the numbers on wheel.
7. Cashier: Shows your current balance
8. Spin Button: Start the game by spinning the wheel
9. Options: Enables you to set the options for the game: fast play, audio options, skip intro, etc
Making a Bet
Before the ball can enter the wheel, you’ll need to place a bet. Simply click on a chip that displays the desired value. You now can place your bet by clicking directly on the tableau. Here you can choose one or more of the following combinations:
Straight bets (on one number): Click the desired number
Split bets (on two numbers): Click the white line between the desired two numbers
Street bets (on three numbers): Click the white line right to the desired three numbers
Corner Bets (on four numbers): Click where the white lines cross in the middle of the desired four numbers
Five Bet (only on 0, 00, 1, 2, and 3): Click the lower right corner of the Double Zero
Line bets (on six numbers): Click the where the white lines cross right next to the two desired corners
Column bets (on 12 numbers): Click one of the three “2 to 1” fields on the left side of the tableau
Dozen bets (on 12 numbers): Click the fields “1st 12”, “2nd 12” or “3rd 12”
Even-Money bets (on 18 numbers): Click “1to 18”, “19 to 36”, “Odd”, “Even” or one of the colored circles (Black or Red) in order to bet on the desired half of the numbers on the tableau.
When you hover your mouse cursor over one position on the tableau, all numbers that are covered by the bet are highlighted. You can click every field multiple times to place more chips of the same value.
Some Roulette Pro Tips to Get You Started
In order to get you going, we have compiled some Casino Tropez pro tips for American Roulette.
- Start betting low. If you’re just getting started, place a small bet on a single line or a “safe bet”, meaning the even money bets (that have the best chances to win). As your balance increases, you can take more risks and bet on Straights, Streets, or Corners.
- Play through your bankroll. Always use your initial bankroll to play American Roulette. Do not rebet your winnings. If you win something, set the newly gained chips aside and do not touch them anymore. This way, there is a good chance you’ll end the session with a big plus in your balance.
- Use your Bonus. Casino Tropez offers various bonuses that can help you increase your bankroll and winnings. Always pay attention to the emails we send you and take advantage of the many lucrative bonus offerings.
- Set a Limit. Always set a fixed bankroll and/or a time limit for your American Roulette sessions. Do not overdraw either one of them. If your bankroll is finished before your time is up, shift to the free games at Casino Tropez. Is your time up? Just stop. Never chase a lucky streak or your losses.
Spin, Wait, Win
When you have placed all your bets, just click the big green “Spin” button at the bottom of the screen and the wheel will start spinning. You can follow the ball either on the wheel itself or on the detailed view in the upper left corner. Eventually, the ball will land on a number. Is the winning number covered by one of your bets, your winnings will automatically paid into your player account. The payout table is structured as follows: Also, the outcome of the game is logged in the history, so you can follow the numbers that have already won during this session. The winning bets remain on the tableau after the session, all losing bets are automatically reset. You decide if you want to keep your winning bets on for the next round or remove them, too. With the “Rebet” button you can place the same bets as you did in the round before, and the “Clear Bets” button erases all previous bets. Then the game begins anew. As you can see, the American Roulette rules are simple, but elegant.
Different Versions for Different Tastes
At Casino Tropez, you can play American Roulette in a number of different formats, for example:
Single Player: You play alone with the virtual croupier.
Multiplayer: Several players play at the same wheel, betting and being able to communicate with one another, just like in a land-based casino.
Live: A real dealer operates a real roulette wheel and you follow the game via webcam. It’s the most realistic form of online roulette there is.
Private Group: Only invited members (your friends or fellow players) are allowed at this private table. Very exclusive!
There is also a special Premium American Roulette game that you can try. Premium American Roulette allows you to enjoy many cool features. For example, the extended history logs your bets along with the outcome of each round. This will help you keeping track of your wins and losses. Go ahead and try it out!